COVID protocol modifications
Photo by Evan Krape 3月 03, 2022
A message to the University of Delaware community
Dear UD Community,
This is to provide an update on the latest health and safety protocols the University of Delaware will be implementing in light of recent developments pertaining to the pandemic:
Effective immediately, we will no longer require:
- Face masks indoors in non-classroom spaces on campus, including research labs, offices, and athletic event/student experience spaces.
- Vaccination and testing requirements for visitors.
- Completion of the online form for domestic and international travel (including level 4 countries); however, all travelers will need to be up to date with their vaccinations for travel.
Please note, however, that the UD campus has experienced recent fluctuations in our COVID case numbers and higher positivity rates than the state. This requires continuation of certain, specific mitigation measures at this time with regular reevaluation.
UD will continue the following*:
- Face masks in all classroom settings, child-care facilities, and while using UD-sponsored transportation.
- Face masks in all healthcare and clinical areas; this requirement also applies to all COVID testing locations.
- Health screening protocol via UD Daily Health Check for students, employees, and visitors.
- PCR testing and antigen testing available on campus.
- Required weekly PCR testing as applicable based on vaccination status.
- 7-day isolation and quarantine period for individuals who are COVID-positive or who need to quarantine due to a COVID exposure.
*Note: as conditions permit, these protocols will be modified and/or eased as soon as appropriate, and we will update the campus community accordingly.
Please keep in mind:
- We ask that all members of the UD community stay up to date with vaccinations and boosters.
- Members of our community may choose to continue wearing a mask for a variety of reasons, even when it is not required, and those decisions must be respected by all.
Finally, we want to thank all members of the UD community. We sincerely appreciate the cooperation and support of everyone at UD who has worked so hard with endless patience and diligence to advance efforts to ease COVID protocols and keep our campus safe. Of note, more than 95% of UD students, faculty and staff have been vaccinated.
Remember, we are not done. As we have all experienced throughout the pandemic, insights and requirements have evolved with a “domino impact” on how we conduct our daily lives, and we may need to do so again. Active health and safety measures will always be an ongoing priority at UD as we continuously monitor developments, adapt our culture and improve community practices. What remains consistent is our shared commitment to support a better future for all Blue Hens throughout the spring semester and beyond.